Turning project to try and create a perfect sphere using a nice hollow log I found in the churchyard next door. I did a bit of googling on how to create a sphere and using a deceptively simple method of turning it on each of its three-axis it comes out perfectly. It was made a little tricky by having a great big hole through the middle and so I couldn’t hold it easily on the lathe. I used a modified bit of garden hose adaptor to create a small cup mount on the lathe, bit of a hack but it worked. After sanding smooth it was given a few coats of lacquer for a hard glossy finish. Pretty happy with the end result.